Thursday, April 28, 2011

EASTER

We never pass up an opportunity to bake some goodies for holidays. Easter was no different. ^_^ Joley and I made a bunny cake.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Easter was all Joley could talk about for the past couple weeks. She asked all sorts of questions about the Easter bunny and the baskets he delivers. The night before Easter she decided she did NOT want the bunny coming into her room at night, because "that's scary". I guess as a kid I was too excited about the festivities to worry about how creepy it was... Santa coming into the house to leave gifts, the easter bunny leaving candy and baskets, the tooth fairy leaving money and stealing your teeth. I guess when you look at it that way, it is creepy. Leave it to my child to look at it this way. :P So the night before Easter she kept getting out of bed, asking all sorts of crazy questions about the easter bunny. Finally, she had this conversation with my husband:
Joley: Daddy, I want you to make the easter bunny dead.
Jeremiah: What?
Joley: I want you to make him dead.
Jeremiah: Joley, are you saying you want me to kill the easter bunny?
Joley: Yeah.

!!!! Geez. So I promised her that I would stay awake long enough to tell the easter bunny NOT to put the basket in her room, to leave it in the living room. Apparently that was enough reassurance, she went to sleep not long after. Easter morning she came into our room, bright and early, and we went to hunt down her easter basket. That bunny left them in the living room, near the fireplace, just like I told him to do! Good job, easter bunny!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Of course, we had to try out the bubbles!
Photobucket

We got all cleaned up before heading to my dad's house.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Caleb was with his dad for easter morning, but was coming with us to my dad's for easter lunch and an egg hunt, so we brought Caleb's basket over there. Like Joley, he loved all his easter stuff.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Forget the Star Wars Wii game, he was most excited about his new watch!
Photobucket

Caleb and Joley with their cousins, Joseph and Jeremiah. Caleb thought the boys were too cute, all dressed up in suits!
Photobucket

Caleb got a kite from grandma and pawpaw.
Photobucket

Ready to hunt eggs!
Photobucket

Pawpaw let the little ones get a head start...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I see it!!!
Photobucket

All done!
Photobucket

Caleb found the silver prize egg!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Inspecting their loot.
Photobucket

Family ♥
Photobucket

Typical.
Photobucket

Me and the kids with my dad.
Photobucket

Bubble time!
Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment